Depression drains your energy, motivation and zest for life.
- Tired all of the time, low energy and, battling to accomplish simple tasks.
- Low motivation to do anything… including going out with friends and family
- Negative thoughts and feelings of anger
- Restless, irritable, and and easily frustrated by people closest to you.
- Having a hard time falling asleep or stay asleep even when tired
- Difficulty concentrating
- Physical aches and pains you can’t pin-point and don’t respond to regular treatments
- Feeling sad or guilty about the things you haven’t done. Regrets!
- Feeling lonely and often worry that no one really likes you.
Depression is always a sign that some part of you needs attending to.
How therapy can help
Psychotherapy in one of the most powerful ways to help you overcome depression and begin to live life more fully. In partnership with a therapist, you can more easily figure out the root cause of your depressed mood, help you feel more in control, and develop new ways of handling your mood by changing your internal dialog and teaching other coping skills and therefore open the way for greater happiness and joy.
Turn depression into inner growth and strength:
More about my approach to helping you overcome depression
In therapy, the first step is always to simply slow down and with compassion and acceptance work to guide your attention inward. Through the arts of mindfulness and active listening we be to create enough space to look at ourselves and our circumstances in a more accepting way.
From that space, we identifying the stuck points or blocks to your sense of peace and well-being. We will discover what’s important to you and create a goal and plan around whatever that may be. I will always seek first to understand as fully as possible your view of any situation. Then we’ll work to identify behaviors and old beliefs that are either unhelpful or that were maybe helpful once but no longer serve you. Finally we will move forward by allowing fresh new insights to emerge
Working together you will learn natural lifestyle changes that can bring balance back into your life. Techniques and strategies for taking control of your thoughts, feelings and emotions with the use of evidenced based, practical interventions.
You will learn:
- The importance of having a healthy sleep pattern and the crucial role it plays in the cycle of depression as well as tips on how to get a good night’s rest.
- How movement/exercise affects the brain and develop strategies for beginning a regular exercise routine.
- We will give attention to your nutrition and teach you how to strengthen your body with the right minerals and nutrients to keep your mind working at its best.
- Learn to interact with people in a way which will help keep you happy.
- The role that sunlight plays in brightening your mood.
- How helping other people can make you happy, and build strong relationships in the process.
- How to visualizing the life you want, and plan for it by setting goals can INSPIRE you!!
- Having the energy to accomplish your everyday tasks and feel less tired at the end of the day
- Discover more motivation and joy to getting things done
- Eliminate the anxious feelings needless worrying
- Become more productive and more successful in both your personal and professional life
- Stop feeling overwhelmed by your own life… and start feeling like you can do anything you set your mind to do
- Eradicate the negative thoughts, the self-doubt and the feelings that life isn’t worth living… once and for all
- Finally get a good night’s sleep and wake-up feeling refreshed and energized in the mornings
- Stop the headaches, backaches, joint pain and other physical pains.
Take control over your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Free yourself from your negative thoughts and your feelings of self-blame. Reclaim your power over your mind, your thoughts and your life.